A natural glimpse of surreal beauty and a hub of adventure activities will make Pokhara is the most iconic place to visit in Nepal.
Pokhara- ‘City of Glittering Lakes’
A magnificent blend of tranquil nature, ancient history, modern glamour, and vibrant colors of lakes, Pokhara is one of the best places for a romantic vacation in Nepal. With almost a week at your disposal for a honeymoon tour in Nepal, you can roam through its streets, feast on its traditional delicacies, and dive into its culture. With the world’s best monuments ready to woo you, and the enchanting legends that find their origin here, be ready to be mesmerized by every small corner of the brilliant city of Pokhara.
Important Facts You Should Know Before Go For a Trip to Pokhara
6 days is a long time to spend quality time with your better half amidst the wonderful nature in Pokhara. Let’s take a look at some facts-
- Dress according to the weather, carry some warm clothes for the evenings and elegant attire for some fine places that you may want to explore.
- In case you want to enjoy some adventure or sports activities, dress comfortably!
- Keep a tiny backpack with all your essentials like a water bottle, meds, camera and all that you may need while you traverse through Pokhara.
- Indulge in walking or biking tours, nature stays, restaurant hopping and other such offbeat activities.
Keep your plan flexible and make these 6 days more unique in Pokhara.
A Guide to Spend Your Romantic Honeymoon in Pokhara!!
Pokhara is a place of exploring many places and enjoying numerous activities, so it may be confusing for you what to see and what to do in 6 days for a honeymoon trip.
Don’t Worry! We will guide you to solve your problem
1. Most Enchanting places to see
Though Pokhara is a hub of various gorgeous spots, here is a list of best places you must see in your honeymoon trip:
- Mahendra Cave
If you are a pure Hindu believer and mythologist, you should not miss the chance to visit Mahendra cave. A large statue of Lord Shiva along with ancient history attracts almost thousands of visitors every year.
Highlights: You can also visit the Bat Cave, a 10 minutes walking distance from this cave.
- Devi’s Fall
A spectacular fall which you might have never seen before and a perfect spot to explore while you are comes Nepal for a honeymoon trip. The most amazing thing about this fall is that you can clearly hear the sound of the gushing waterfall.
Entry fee: Rs 30
- Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave
This cave is a unique combination of Devi’s fall in the upstream and the cave in the downstream, so you have to climb down the metal stairs to have a real look.
Entry Fee: Rs 50-100
- Gurkha Memorial Museum
Gurkha Memorial Museum talks about the amazing contribution of the Gurkha soldiers which had later joined the Indian army. You will really be mesmerized by witnessing the Gurkha uniforms and bravery medal here.
Entry Fee: Rs 100
- Barahi Temple
Your honeymoon trip to Nepal wouldn’t be complete without exploring this Barahi temple which is quite beautifully nestled on the Phewa Lake. It is one of the holiest temples in Nepal where deities are religiously worshipped by the people who visit this temple.
Entry Fee: Rs 510
- Phewa Lake
Phewa Lake is a freshwater lake in the Pokhara Valley region, that you should not miss while you are in Nepal. This beautiful lake is fed by a river stream, making it somewhat a mixture of man-made and natural freshwater lake.
2. Enjoy Enthralling activities in Pokhara
Pokhara is a tempting city that harbors numerous adventure activities which will give you an adrenaline rush. Some of the popular activities are mentioned below that you should enjoy in your honeymoon trip-
- Zip Flying
- White Water River
Things You Should Not Do In Pokhara
- Do not spend too much time huddled up in your hotel room, when the entire city is calling out to you.
- Compromise on sleep, and explore as much as you can!
- Don’t miss out on the popular tourist attractions, but also take some time out to understand the authentic culture.
- And last but definitely not the least; don’t forget your camera and journal, as recording these special experiences is part of the journey!
Still Thinking? Don’t be! Get ready and start your trip with your better half in Pokhara to make your honeymoon more special.
Q. What is the best time to visit Pokhara?
A. The best time for a honeymoon trip in Pokhara is from September to November.
Q. What are the best hotels to stay in Pokhara?
A. The best hotels to stay in Pokhara are Sweet Dreams Guest House, Hotel Barahi, The Lakeside Retreat Pokhara etc.
Q. What is the approximate cost for paragliding?
A. The approximate cost for paragliding in Pokhara is Rs 7500 to Rs 11000.